Aug 22, 2010

Module Three "Introduction to the Game Design Document"

Design Documents

After reading the article by Ernest Adams I can say I am sold on the need for design documents on any type of game or project. I understand the case put forth that it not only keeps all members of the team on the same page, but also helps outline the initial goal of the project and acts as an armature to build on. Understanding that the original idea can change as each stage of development is reached it still holds the focus on the original task. Using a design document for the board game will allow me to keep the overall project in check, I can reference the original idea and stay in the scope of design I set forth in the document itself. Just like and outline for a story or paper or an armature for a sculpture, the documents will be the backbone that will aid in keeping the project on track, allow me to convey the idea to others and offer a common ground for discussion and planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment